The competition in the corporate world is rapidly increasing with the passage of time due to the quick changes in working techniques and processes used in the organizations. Business owners now seek to hire more qualified individuals who have a deeper understanding of executing tasks while analyzing the risks and benefits associated with it. Those individuals who possess skills to incorporate with all the departments while staying in one are considered as an asset for the organization. Well trained and qualified individuals critically think and plan strategically not only for their own selves but for their own selves but for the progress of the organization and overall growth of workplace.
Students and learners have to think from all the aspects before finalizing any field of study for themselves. There are many departments and fields introduced in the past few years for students to select the best suitable area of study to their interests and skills. After deciding the field, individuals are required to select the most recognized and accepted degree or certification in that particular field to obtain the best career opportunity for themselves. There are many factors which needs to be considered by the candidates before selecting any degree, certification or diploma to pursue for their career in any area or industry. The main points to be considered are:
- Is the degree or certification accepted and recognized globally other than your own region or state?
- Will the degree be sufficient to pursue the competitive position in the corporate world without obtaining any recognized certification? What are the hiring stats in your region on the basis of certification and degrees?
- What are the duration and finances required to complete the full study and what is the ROI on it?
Managers and hiring supervisors have to consider many aspects before hiring a candidate for the completion of tasks. For this, candidates acquiring the professional degrees only may struggle to get the top position in the organization, whereas students who are certified and have learned under the supervision of qualified teachers and facilitators are preferred over the non-certified individuals.
There are certain noticeable differences among the certified and non-certified individuals that provide them some of the advantages over other candidates in their careers. These major differences due to which organizations take decisions to select or reject a certified or non-certified individual. These are:
- Certified professionals are differentiated among the competitors. When a candidate appears for a job interview, employers seek to notify something which differentiates the individual to another. Your professional certification can give you an edge at that time easily.
- Certified professionals have more beneficial and relevant networks that help them in setting career goals for themselves. These professional networks provide them the right career guidance which non certified professional’s usually are unable to get. While you are acquiring a certification you can take as much advantage as you want to from it while you completely gain the professional certification from the qualified teachers and trainers.
- You will be confident and stand different from others as your skills are more polished and trained unlike non certified professionals. The basic knowledge gives you the confidence to put together a plan, work hard, and you reach for it.
- You know to use the tools to complete the task efficiently and cost effectively, which the other non-certified professionals lack in doing so.
- Certification offers practical experience to individuals from all the aspects to be a proficient worker in the organization. Experience adds a professionalism in your attitude which cannot be possible to achieve without certification.
- Certified professionals are trained to lead the others as they are trained In this way. Non certified professionals are more experts in theoretical work and lack the ability to lead their coworkers in projects.
- Not forgetting the major reason of opting certification after a degree that the compensation increases quickly to almost 20% as compare to the non-certified professionals. Also an upgrade in position takes place at the workplace to work on the higher positions and manage critical tasks.
- Certifications provide chances to select fields easily that you are interested in instead of wasting years and ending without getting any experience.
Professional certifications are focused on providing industry specific knowledge to the individuals rather than giving detailed information on every region of the organization. Certifications cover all the important aspects of an industry which might include information, knowledge, required skills, expertise, training and practical experiences under the supervision of qualified professionals of that specific industry only. Due to this individuals can add experiences and skills in their profiles which the non-certified professionals cannot.
Nowadays, a lot of organization in their job descriptions mentions the need of a recognized certification or a membership to any industry which you are associated with. One of the most important factors considered for certified individuals is that these certifications provide you valuable connections in your industry, which helps in gaining the rightful information regarding the significant elements of your industry and also the area which suits to your skills the most. The well reputed organizations get hundreds of applications in which they hardly select 5-10 candidates on the basis of some differing skills and knowledge. An application of a certified candidate with relevant and required experience with ha of sufficient contacts can make a lot of difference in pursuing the right career.
If you are unable to explore your interests and skills, then research the most demanded certifications in your region or country where you have a plan to continue your career. Read out the job descriptions thoroughly of the most suitable an interesting job and analyze it by your own self if the job is requiring an industry specific certification or not.
Certifications are resulted as a good option for those candidates who aimed to work on the leading and higher positions in the organizations, whereas non certified professionals might end up owning an ordinary position in any organization as per their industry.